Smart Home in a broad sense. As many things that make a home smarter are dumb technologies. And some ‘smart’ technologies make a home dumber.
We will look at the role of a house from multiple angles.
- Home as a shelter
- Home as a family space
- Home as a productive unit (food, water, energy, products)
- Home as a meeting space
- Home as a working and learning space
- Home as a node or connector in the neighbourhood, as active part of a city
- Home as a platform for sensors whose data is used at home and across the community it is located in
- Home as an actuator platform that actively responds to its own sensor data, and data signals from other sources
- And above all the role of smart residents, in creating such a home.