You can subscribe to new content on this site by using a variety of available feeds. Feedreaders should be able to discover the main feed and responses feed on their own. But there are more feeds available than just those two. This is a WordPress site, so almost everything also has its own RSS feed.
- You can get all new content by following the main RSS feed (as listed in the right sidebar). The URL is just this blog’s URL with /feed at the end. This is true for all other types of feed, just add /feed at the end. This feed is also how I share my posts to Micro.blog/Ton
- In the past some feed readers have been blocked by my hosting provider as malicious bots. If that happens to you, you can use the Feedburner feed as an alternative. (But be aware that Google will collect data from you using their Feedburner service.) It also contains all postings.
- There is also a microformatted feed, h-feed, which provides JSON output. This however only has content that is shown on the front page of my blog, i.e. things I consider ‘main’ articles. The day to day observations and bookmarks etc. are not in that h-feed.
- There are two main feeds for responses to content, one for any type of response (including likes, mentions etc.), and one for comments only.
- Dutch language posts (feed), and German language posts (feed) both have their own feed. The default language is English and has no separate feed. All main feeds contain also the non-English postings.
Everything has a /feed
This is a WordPress site, so almost everything also has its own RSS feed. (WordPress.org page on feeds)
- If you add /feed to the URL of a single posting, you will get the feed for comments on that specific content-item.
- Every tag or category has its own feed. Go to the overview page and add /feed to the url. E.g. the posts with tag unconference at
https://www.zylstra.org/blog/tag/unconference/have their own feed
https://www.zylstra.org/blog/tag/unconference/feed. Similarly a category overview like
https://www.zylstra.org/blog/category/deutsch/, the category for German language posts has
https://www.zylstra.org/blog/category/deutsch/feedas feed. There are different categories used by pages and by postings, so they have separate feeds. As the Digital Garden (wiki section) in this site is built from pages, this allows you to subscribe to the wiki, or individual wiki categories separately from my blog.