I’m writing this a week late and postdating it. Completely forgot about it the weekend itself, after our arrival in Denmark for our vacation. That’s a good sign.
This week I
- spent more time with Y now that school is closed for the summer
- did some early invoicing for July, a some of our team are leaving for their vacation
- looked at a proposed set of indicators for policy tracking w.r.t. smart multimodal mobility
- got my second covid vaccine shot at the start of the week
- wrote a Q2 progress report for a client
- had a session with the ministry for infrastructure and water management with their data team and smart mobility team
- wrote draft texts for a client for their proposal to the ministry for the interior for 2022
- did the Q2 book keeping and VAT tax filings for the 5 entities I do the books for
- went to the office, for a face to face session with part of our team with an agency to get to a ‘house style’
- finished up our review of the first phase of our work in Rotterdam on air quality and citizen science, and our advice and a plan for the next phase, and submitted it to the client
- packed up for our trip, printed our vaccination cards (in case our phones might lack a data connection at the border, or have empty batteries).
- had a Covid test, necessary to enter Denmark
- drove us to E’s parents’ place, right on the German border, shaving about 90 minutes of our trip to Denmark
- drove to Copenhagen on Friday, choosing the land route as it provided more certainty w.r.t. travel times with the ferry operating at 35% capacity to help maintain distance between passengers.
- over the weekend enjoyed our very beautiful (and local architecture price winning) temporary home in Copenhagen, had the mandatory Covid-test after arrival, cycled through the city on a Christiania cargo bike, visited the beach near Helsingør, and met our friend Henriette in Helsingør for a late lunch at the harbour
It was a busy week, and preparing the household for travel always is a bit chaotic, even without the Covid travel rules currently in place, but it was a good week.