It was a pretty normal week, with a bit of a sluggish start, for me. It was the fall holiday, so Y was at home from school, and various colleagues were away leaving my inbox relatively silent. Coming week will be busy (doing 5 sessions at a 3 day conference), so it also felt a bit like waiting for the storm.
This week I
- prepared and gave my presentation for FOSS4G-NL
- picked up my new bicycle
- enjoyed the FOSS4G-NL conference and visiting Enschede for it. The event made me want to do some community meet-ups in our offices again. I also offered our office space in Utrecht for meet-ups of the Dutch Q-GIS user group
- started the bookkeeping to be done for the Q3 VAT returns, and my company’s 2020 tax returns by the end of next week
- met payroll for our team
- translated the EU legal framework for data into potential building blocks for the Dutch national reference architecture for digital twins w.r.t. the physical living environment / public space.
- with E cleared out stuff from our top floor / attic space to make it more usable again
- went to the cinema with E and Y, for Y to see the Paw Patrol Movie. She liked it although she also found bits of it scary. Afterward we enjoyed coffee, a stroll, and an Italian lunch in town. It was a beautiful sunny and chilly day.
- Made pizza for dinner, for the first time using our new electric pizza oven (it goes to 400C) that I bought last July. We need some more experience on making the dough and quickly turning it into pizze, but otherwise this first experiment went ok.