A summary overview of changes I made to this site, to make it more fully a indieweb hub / my core online presence.
Theme related tweaks
- Created child theme of Sempress, to be able to change appearance and functions
- Renamed comments to reactions (as they contain likes, reposts, mentions etc.)
in the entry-footer template and the comments template
- Removed h-card microformats, and put in a generic link to my about page for the author in the Sempress function sempress_posted_on. Without a link to the author mentions show up as anonymous elsewhere.
- Removed the sharing buttons I used (although they were GDPR compliant using the Sharriff plugin, but they got in the way a lot I felt.
- Added a few menu options for various aspects of my postings (books, check-ins, languages)
Functionality related tweaks
- Started creating pages as a wiki-like knowledgebase, using page categories to creat the wiki structure
- To show excerpts from webmentions I changed the template for a webmention in the Semantinc backlinks plugin, class-linkbacks-handler.php
- Added a plugin to display blogposts on the same date in previous years.
- Added plugin Widget Context to remove recent posts and comments from individual posting’s pages, as they cause trouble with parsing them for webmentions.