There are 6 posts found on this site published on August 13
- August 13, 2016
- Let’s Encrypt the Web, For Free Getting a SSL/TLS-certificate for your website has always been a hassle as well as costly. However increasing the amount of default encrypted web traffic is important both in terms of website safety as well as in terms of privacy (when you submit information to websites). The cost and hassle kept most non-commercial websites from using […]
- Summer Evening Procrastination While Elmine is playing tennis on the Wii, I filled out 14 questions and got this: 91%How Addicted to Blogging Are You? I guess I would have gotten the full 100% if they had also asked whether I ever dream about blogging. (Coincidentally another blogger named his blog Dreamfeed after my posting with this title.)
- Back from Vacation Four weeks ago Elmine and I left for vacation. A month without electricity, and apart from the GPRS phone no connectivity. Although we found camp grounds increasingly offer Wifi access from your tent. Also phone coverage as well as GPRS reaches high up in the mountains. Which made it possible for this guy to do […]
- Back online After 4 weeks we have returned home, and returned on-line. We spend most of the past weeks in the Swiss Alps, as well as with friends that live there. Yesterday and today saw some hardware maintenance on the server, for which I had to take it down. In the coming days the photoblog Sensory Input […]
- Well connected, but the line’s dead Gary writes a great piece about new research indicating, that while we can chart our connectedness and six degrees of seperation to anyone anywhere, we can almost never leverage it: the throughput of the network is extremely low. Just a link for now, will probably comment later.
- MonsterMedia Thomas Burg picks up on my thoughts on KM as a Monster, and applies Smits monster-theory to blogs. The result, called Monstermedia, is in German but very worthwile. Feedback explicitly appreciated by Thomas.