A week with lots of different things. This week I
- Did a session with a client’s project board to get the budget and approval to start a procurement procedure for a cloud service, as part of our ongoing open data work with them
- With the same client did an ‘awareness’ session introducing a wider group of internal stakeholders to our plans. Both sessions were well received and our plans approved (‘we should do these stakeholder sessions more often’)
- Worked on a decision tree for energy poverty subsidies, and discussed speeding up subsidy payments with the legal and finance department of that client
- Finally received the procurement letter from a client we had been waiting for a long time
- Spent a day at the Overheid360 conference, where various government entities discussed and presented their digital transformation efforts. It provided a lot of insights, also how limited progress often is, and how tech-central things are being approached, as well as the doubts and fears many smaller government entities have. It’s a minority that reason in terms of opportunities for better service delivery. Lots of notes to flesh out.
- Had a breakfast meeting with my company’s management team to discuss our notions and plans for next year. We also are on the lookout for an additional employee.
- Visited the World Summit AI conference in Zaandam, a big event about AI developments. I mostly went to get a feeling for who attends these events, and what the general line of discussion is. Took lots of notes, but haven’t gotten around to writing them up yet.