Our hometown is about 2 hours east of Amsterdam, on the border with Germany, in the beautiful region of Twente.
It can be reached by planes, trains, automobiles:
By plane (in order of practicality):
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is one of Europe’s major hubs, and is a 2hr train ride away.
- Düsseldorf International Airport is also well served, at 90 mins by car, or 2.5hr train ride.
- Weeze Düsseldorf Airport is served by a few budget airlines, and is a 90 min car ride from us.
- Münster/Osnabrück Airport is served from a handful German and Swiss cities, and is a 1hr car ride away.
- Intercity connections every 30 minutes from all major cities in the Netherlands, including a direct service from Schiphol airport (2hrs)
- Hourly connections from Münster (Westf) in Germany (75 mins)
- Hourly connections from Dortmund in Germany (90mins)
- Two-hourly connections from Berlin (4.5 hrs) / Hannover (2hrs) in Germany to neighbouring Hengelo
Enschede is connected to several motorways,
- The A1, and A35 connect to Amsterdam and the rest of the Netherlands in general
- The German A31 connects from Oberhausen / Düsseldorf / Cologne in the south, from Emden in the north
- The German A30 connects from Osnabrück / Hannover / Berlin in the east
- The German B54 connects from Münster in the east