This was the final school week, and both E and I have been rushing to finish up (enough) work to be ready for our summer hiatus.
This week I
- Picked up my renewed driving license at city hall. Good for the next 10 years.
- Discussed a project under the new European wide legal entity EDIC with a ministry and a client.
- Did the monthly invoicing.
- Updated the manual on EU data legislation I maintain for a client with more updates.
- Worked on a first response to government data providers on their input on the impact analysis of the implementation of the EU High Value Data requirements.
- Did the 2022 corporate tax filings for my company after finishing up the books for 2022 and making a year overview.
- Did the VAT filings for the various entities I keep the books for.
- Scheduled payments for the coming month so I don’t have to keep track of that during the next few weeks of our hiatus.
- Had lunch with a client team to mark the start of summer.
- Finished the review of the first report by the interprovincial ethics committee I’m secretary to. It was published alongside a webinar on the use of generative AI in the public sector this week.
- Had a conversation with a team of the national company register on the impact of EU data legislation on their organisation, to be continued
- Wrote my part of the Q2 report that a client needs to send to their client.
- Planned some activities, including a meet-up around governance of AI and ethics in September.
- Visited Y in her classroom for the goodbye-party to her teacher who is retiring.
- Talked to the team at the National Database for Flora and Fauna about their ongoing transition to a new legal, technical and organisational structure. I advice them on the open data aspects, as well as how to use the new EU data legislation in their new set-up.
- Wrote a project proposal to be submitted to a client during my summer hiatus.
- With E and Y had lunch in town to mark the start of the school holidays, and then visited the new exhibit at Kade Museum titled ‘[Wonderbaarlijke Wezens]()https://www.kunsthalkade.nl/en/current-and-expected/exhibitions/wonderbaarlijke-wezens‘, amazing creatures, showing how we related to animals over the centuries, and what we projected on them. Fun and interesting but not compelling.
- Took care of Y who fell ill this weekend.
- Updated Mastodon on my VPS for both E and myself to the latest version.
We passed by a pissing polar bear (see YouTube video about its recentinstallation at Museum Flehite, Amersfoort)