A week with almost no appointments with clients, and it was relatively slow paced, allowing me some time to write and blog.
This week I
- took part in our team’s weekly check-in on Monday
- had the weekly meeting with one of my clients, where some had returned from their summer vacationing
- did some reading up on the planned European data spaces, and the current status of the proposed EU Data Governance Act
- worked on a reply to the EU’s public consultation on a Data Act, to be proposed late this year
- watched The Social Dilemma. E suggested to also watch Coded Bias.
- made some progress in arranging a birthday gift for E
- went out for coffee and lunch with E in Utrecht, which was fun
- had an all hands half day meeting with our team in person. It was good to meet everyone and hang out together
- wrote a brief text on why I have a strong aversion of civil servants using a variety of terms for people they interact with but avoiding the one that matters: citizen
- had a MT meeting, discussing the core financials of my company and looking ahead to the last 4 months of the year
- had niece C visit Y for a sleep-over
- met up with old friend D, we were on a student board together 25 yrs ago. He recently became the mayor of a small municipality, so it was fun to hear what that is like, as well as catch-up in general.
- decided to take another week off, and to spend it in Versailles and Paris. Where we drove today and set up our tent, and where I’m writing these week notes