A week in which I struggled to get down to actually doing something. Some days because of endless meetings, some days because I couldn’t get going and being tired, sometimes I did get something done but it was in response to something, not because it was on my list of things I wanted to do. As of Tuesday we’re in more strict lock down measures again, mask wearing now finally becoming the norm as well. I don’t mind much, we weren’t very mobile anyway to begin with.
This week I
- Started following Gitlab’s online material on remote team management. As we’re definitely in for the long haul, I think it may provide some additional insights and tips (e.g. on maintaining good mental health within the team, or overcoming differences in preferences for asynchronous or synchronous communication)
- Worked on a citizen science project proposal, didn’t get where I wanted it to be by now.
- Had a chat with André Golliez to catch up and hear what’s going w.r.t. open data in Switzerland
- Did some bookkeeping and invoicing, filed a tax return
- Had our weekly meetings with clients
- Had our own team sessions for those client projects
- Took an in-depth look at a 3rd party proposal a client wanted me to look at
- To get back to having a good overview of all the stuff I’m doing in parallel I did a full weekly review for the first time in ages. It cost me a number of hours to get there, but it immediately cleared up some fog and made me feel a lot less restless. I intend doing such reviews on a weekly basis again. Using markdown notes which link together actually means I’m in a better position now than in a long time to do a thorough review.
- Took Y on a bonbon tasting tour after she asked what they were when we came across them in a bed time story
- Came up with a design sketch for this site, trying to move away from the regular blog and pages/wiki set-up, towards something that invites exploration more and feels more individual.
- It means that I probably need to develop a IndieWeb compliant WordPress theme from scratch, but somehow that sounds appealing if daunting as well. Working title of the theme is ‘Tondriaan’ pulling together my name and that of Mondriaan, a native of our city, as the plane division I ended up with reminds me of his work.
- Didn’t write/blog much, and also didn’t make as many notes/notions as I would have liked.
- This week it was 100 days ago I started a different note taking routine, using Obsidian. I want to do a write-up of my experiences.
- Had an Open Nederland board meeting in preparation of the general assembly next month